1904/05 and a busy industrial scene, looking east towards Todmorden. To the right can be seen a section of the long, low viaduct, and further in the distance the bow string bridge with its castellated abutments. In the centre foreground is the…
Looking towards Hebden Bridge with the tall chimney of Calderside Mill and barely visible below it the road passing under Whiteley Arches. A railway signal can just be seen below the top row of houses.
A west bound goods train approaching Walsden Station. The station opened in 1845 and closed in 1961.
A new station with ‘bus stop’ style shelters was opened in 1990 but slightly to the east of the footbridge seen here to the right.
Causeway Foot, Halifax. April 1980. The pottery was originally opened in 1874 but was moved to this location around 1900. The company closed in 1965 and the kiln, drying shed and chimney have been listed.
The new Methodist Sunday School is in the process of being built with Salem Chapel to its left. The large building to the left is Melbourne Mill prior to its demolition (illegally, at 6 am on a Sunday morning without planning consent) to make way…
The magnificent Mons Mill on Burnley Road with the name just visible on the chimney. The bowling greens of Centre Vale Park at the bottom of the shot. The Hare and Hounds pub just visible through the tree branches bottom left.