Browse Items (153 total)

  • Tags: Bus

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00239.jpg
Halifax Road, at Richmond Street, looking east towards Spring Gardens. Key Syke Lane goes off to the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00238.jpg
It must of been cold travelling atop this bus judging by the amount of snow around.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00236.jpg
Drawing by Dennis O'Neill of Bus No 2, which was first registered in 1913.

Despite this drawing being labelled 1910 the bus was not actually registered until 1913.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00233.jpg
Todmorden bus No. 3 first registered in 1920.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00230.jpg
Todmorden bus No. 3 first registered in 1920.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00228.jpg
Todmorden Mayor, Alderman Abraham Crossley outside the Town Hall on 1st January 1907 prior to the inaugural bus run to Steanor Bottom.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00226.jpg
Centre is Alderman John Henry Whitaker, for many years Chairman of Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00225.jpg
Todmorden bus driver and conductor in the 1920s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00223.jpg
Mr B. Pickles in 1947. This Todmorden bus No. 9 was first registered in 1947.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00222.jpg
Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee bus tickets around the 1950s.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00221.jpg
Selection of Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee bus tickets.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00220.jpg
Covers for the timetables produced by Todmorden Omnibus Committee including the years 1928, 1937 and 1960.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00214.jpg
This is the Todmorden Joint Omnibus Committee emblem with the British Railways logo.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00212.jpg
Working on a Todmorden bus chassis in 1930. The bus was first registered in 1923

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00211.jpg
The big red brick building is the bus garage, on the left is the Shannon and Chesapeake Inn, and on the right is the destructor building which contained an incinerator. The gas works is just off picture to the right.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00207.jpg
Todmorden Corporation SG11 bus WU4693, chassis No; 13579, Fleet number 34 was new in My 1926. It was one of the first in the fleet to have pneumatic tyres. Sadly the driver, Mr Marshall was killed when it crashed and came to rest outside theā€¦

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/TAS00206.jpg
The building on the extreme left, formerly the Freemason's Arms, was known as the 'red house', and is now apartments. The next 2 buildings have since been demolished, the next is now a cafe known as No 72 Burnley Road. 1916
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2