Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: #Cinema

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00882.jpg
The Royal Electric Theatre' on New Road opened in 1913 on what is now the Memorial Gardens. It ceased as a cinema June 24th 1921 when the present day Picture House opened.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00322.jpg
The Royal Electric Theatre' on New Road opened in 1913 on what is now the Memorial Gardens. It ceased as a cinema June 24th 1921 when the present day Picture House opened.

http://www.penninehorizons.org/Omeka_photos/ALC00233.jpg
This cinema opened on New Road on 1st January 1912 and closed June 24th 1921. It stood on the site of the Memorial Gardens along with the UCP shop and the Black and White Cafe. Later the cinema became a billiard hall.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2