Grade 11* - English Heritage Building ID: 330603. This large, privately owned country house, was build in 1674 and early C18. It was built for the Goodricke family. The Ribston estate was owned by the Knights Templar in the C13. Later confiscated by Henry VIII and acquired by Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, who later sold the manor to Henry Goodricke of Wisbech in 1545. It remained in the Goodricke family until 1833 when Sir Henry James Goodricke bequeathed it to Francis Holyoake who sold it to the Dent family in 1836. Ribstone Hall is not open to the public. The notes accompanying each photograph are from a series of lectures first given to the Hebden Bridge Literary & Scientific Society by Mr. George Hepworth around 1916.